HAIL CONSUL!

It's a rare thing me getting to paint so few figures at one time but that's command vignettes for you. What a delight and a relief it is too.
I decided to paint my Consular general before I painted my Legatus as I have eight cohorts and two two cohorts from two different legions. Why not?
The Consul figure is from the Warlord Games range and I think it's their Julius Caesar figure. The mature looking Tribune and the two Lictors carrying the fasces are from Aventine Miniatures.
I've already started my second testudo so I am well and truly rolling Roman at present. There's not too much to say about this mob except I will do something interesting with the base when I get home and no, it won't be with a kneeling Celt.
I'm also building an Airfix Mk1 Hawker Hurricane in 1/72 for air cover for my Commonwealth desert force. I've already half painted it.

Comments

  1. That’s a lovely looking command stand...
    I particularly like the shade of red you have used...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aly. Of course it should look far better when I get to texturing and finishing the base. I'll be looking to much of your fine work for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts