Model Garage: Repurposing Old Stock Part 2

This little build has suffered from me having taken on too many minor projects at once. In an effort to upgrade my 1944 British forces for 20mm Rapid Fire wargames, I attempted to build five models at once as well as complete this old half-build structure simultaneously. All that happened was they slowed each other down. This has taken a stupid amount of time but it was not a concerted effort.

I can't say the final result is what it might have been had I built it from scratch. Perhaps working within the limitations set down by the original designer is what saw my enthusiasm wax and wane.

I've been waiting for several weeks for some flower tufts to arrive and until they are affixed, this build it not truly finished but this can at least be fielded now.

I had printed up far more posters than I could use. Those I left out proved too big and the wrong fit for the walls as framed by the windows and doors. Then again, you can always over-do it and I had to stop at the point I have. The temptation is to use all that I found and printed - bit of a psychological trap methinks.

Next time I also think I will fade the images a fraction using Photoshop. I had considered doing so using a light wash but thought better of it in the end as I had no confidence it would work. Because they are glued over brick pattern paper there's no contrast in textures for the surfaces and I wasn't convinced I could pull it off.

Anyway, it's now on to 28mm Napoleonics for a bit and I will be having a crack at a small windmill (not sure if it's actually a mill ... likely a water pump) which can be seen today at Busaco (Portugal). 



Comments

  1. Beautiful garage, lovely details...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Still room for improvement but then that's a never ending curve isn't it?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts