Oranges for a further touch of Spain

 

Well, I wouldn't have the faintest what sort of orange tree I made except it's supposed to be an orange tree. In fact, I made four and this has been a daemon I've been meaning to exorcise for six months. So, done!

They conform to an approximately 28mm scale and are made with two products I had not used before - florist wire and coconut fiber. Actually, I also baptized my first hot-glue gun and gave the trunks a coat of liquid latex prior to painting so it was an all round experiment of sorts.

I bought the little oranges from Woodland Scenics (I think) which were about the only ones I could find. I think they are little on the small size - more 20mm oranges but they convey the impression well enough.

These are my first orange trees and in all likelihood my last. After all, how many orange trees does a wargamer really need? I do see an apple orchard somewhere in my future.

Comments

  1. They look very nice Greg…
    I never really think about having fruit trees on my table…
    But something like an olive grove or an apple orchard would certainly set the scene.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work...and they could akways be mandarins or other smaller varieties of orange.....now you need some lemons....very Soanish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts