French Napoleonic Horse Artillery 1815: Part 2

I suppose I should have mentioned my models for this build are 28mm and my horse artillery are of 'the line'. Those Napoleonicists amongst you would have already fathomed that.


Thought I'd share what the model looks like prior to undercoating. As I mentioned in the previous post, I half build the model onto the base, leaving the mounted drivers for painting separately. The brass wire traces are easy to manipulate having been previously Superglued to the horses before fixing them to the MDF base with Selley's Liquid Nails.

The outside traces loop over the spacer ends and are then pinched for a tighter fit using a small set of needle-nose pliers. The inside traces are hooked and similarly pinched. All ends then get a good dollop of Superglue to fix them good and proper.


Rather than the typical straight model arrangement I thought to depict this limber taking a turn across the base. I think this will work very well as I will have a crew of four mounted artillery crew accompanying and with the bias to one side, I can run two crew in the lead and the other two down the other flank.

Anyway, I won't post again until this lot is done.

Comments

  1. I am looking forward to seeing this finished…
    It might encourage me to paint up some of my own limbers…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. We play batteries fixed unless you have a limber ... so we are motivated. I'm now painting batteries at the same time as the rest of them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts