Better late than never and completed the same time as by Orange-Nassau skirmishing company is my representation of the Nassau Jaegers for 1815.
As dedicated skirmishers, I am continuing my practice of basing them on circular stands of three figures. These twelve figures are all Perry Miniatures 28s and they are simply superb - naturally.
I mix my own colours so hopefully they appear variable in the hue of their green jackets and trousers. I threw in a couple of grey pants for variety. Apart from an irregular hue, I paint the jackets all before the trousers to break up the matches-set look.
Similar to my Orange-Nassau skirmishing unit, I muddied them up as I painted the bases. The basing seems to be getting very complex for me these days but I'm happy with the results. I always apply static grass in dots and build up from there by mixing my own blends. There are three blends used here. I haven't 'wet' the deep ground this time.
I spent more attention to the faces this time, painting in character lines with flesh wash or ink. I actually calculated how many separate painting applications I use per figure and it was approaching 50. Many painting guides have all straps and leather work in ochre but I have retained white leathers for the French issue packs which helps break up the appearance and contrasts the rest.
The bases are measured, cut from 5mm MDF, I cut and fix the magnetic sheet underneath, glue the figures and tall grass on, sculpt with pre-mixed putty and fix the mouse litter whilst wet. Sand, then coat the surface with diluted white glue to fix the litter, two base coats, a black wash, a dry brush then print and fix the unit ID labels, coat with clear matt and finally glue static grass blends times three.