Western Desert Force: Rolls Royce Armoured Cars (Part 2)

Well that took a while. A trip to Auckland and a rolling series of most welcome visits to Tonga has seen me turn from miniature army builder to tourist, host and travel guide. Well it's back to the workbench and my 'Jock Column' now has it's armoured car company at long last. They are 20mm models or perhaps 1/72nd scale?
I'll add the aerials after they ship home but for the time being they are finished. I opted to have very faded dazzle camouflage although the darker grey does still look rather dark.
I've made one a potential leader car or command vehicle if they operate as a two-some which I always depict with a commander in the open-top state. One of the front vent doors broke off when painting and I still can't find it - so I'm putting it down to battle damage or campaign wear and tear.

Comments

Popular Posts