French 1815 Command Vignette: Durutte

 

Let me admit right off the bat that I neglected an important detail with this command base. General de Division Durutte had an obviously injured and scared right eye and I failed to model it. If you get past this (as I am trying to do) then this vignette is complete.

The General and his ADC are both Front Rank miniatures, the three grenadiers are plastic figures from Warlord Games and the unfortunate highland infantry sprawled about them are Elite Miniatures casualty figures I have repurposed for effect.

 

My Durutte will be in overall command of French forces in play throughout my Papelotte scenario, so I wanted it to be a happening scene. I do enjoy creating command vignettes and these little models really do bring some visual flavour to the games.

Whilst I have purchased another foot artillery battery and a brigade of French infantry from Elite Miniatures Australia (thanks Vinie) which are beautiful to behold, I'm very near done with the French for the time being. I have the 3e Chassuers-a-Cheval underway and after them I am pivoting back to the allies to catch up. In fact, the first of two Hanoverian Militia battalions are primed and ready for colour.


 


Comments

  1. A stunning looking command stand Greg…
    I will even forgive you for the dead Scots 😂

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent vignettes, absolutely blows me away with the quality of your painting, I especially like the horses . It is nice to know there is another Aussie interested in Napoleonics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very generous Chris. I have some way to go on my photography - exposure and lighting issues persist. I am a rank amateur.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts