French 1815 Command Vignettes: Brue and Bruno

 

My collection for the French and Allied forces for my Papelotte scenario is coming along quite nicely. I've accelerated my French build so much so that I needed to push out the command elements for my French now. Here are two of my General's de Brigade. The first is Jean Louis Brue, commanding general for my French infantry brigade which will commence on-table for the beginning of the scenario.

My General and his accompanying ADC are both Front Rank figures. Never having built a Napoleonic French army before I had always assumed there would be an endless supply of figures for Generals, Marshals and ADCs but I have to admit to being amazed at how limited the options actually are.

Still, these miniatures fit the bill very nicely and they were a treat to paint. I experimented with mixing yellow with gold for the gold cloth (Vallejo) which I think works extremely well.

I painted all of my French Command vignettes at the same time which was a confusing jumble of applications and a lot more effort that I'd normally be required to put in for a dozen figures or so.
 
Baron Adrien-Francois Bruno is my other General de Brigade for my cavalry, whom I have being aided by an officer and trumpeter of the 3e Chasseurs-a-Cheval. Again, all three figures are from Front Rank.

I used to have my Brigade command figures based on their own for Black Powder but as you can see, I'm well past that. I do have standard basing sizes; however, for Brigade, Division and Corps command which get larger and busier as you go upwards.
 
I have recently purchased an electric flock-box and had hoped to be able to directly apply static grass to the bases using the upwards-vertical method but with 28mm mounted figures the bases cannot get close enough to the plate to make the arc. The flock-box does make for superior tufts though and I have used varying hues to cover these bases along with some commercially available clumps. As you can see, I am very sparing with my flower tufts and I think they are often overdone.


 




Comments

Popular Posts