Gifhorn Militia: Hanoverian Landwehr 1815

 

These Hanoverian's are the last Allied infantry I will need to play through my Papelotte Waterloo scenario - hopefully later this year. They are all Front Rank and were a pleasure to paint.

I had finished them a few months back but work and my personal life have loomed larger toward the end of this year - in a very good way but leaving little time for the hobby.

Like the other battalion of Landwehr, these militiamen have largely stovepipe shakos for the rank and file with a sprinkling of the Hanoverian cap and Belgic shakos for the officers. The range of castings from Front Rank have various shako plates which I think adds some randomness which one might expect in a militia battalion.
 
Next on the painting table is the first of two British light dragoon regiments which have sat there undercoated but otherwise untouched for two months. I have all of January off work so perhaps they'll get a look in. Then the next big step is tackling the terrain.

I might get a couple of small games in before that using these troops as the table-top takes shape.




 

Comments

  1. A fine looking unit Greg…
    I do like Front Rank toys … They are such a pleasure to paint.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Aly. Front Rank are almost as nice as Great War Miniatures.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. My output pales against your s, I swear you are like a one man factory.

      Delete
  3. I am from Gifhorn area. Great looking figures !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts