The Nassauers are coming: 2/2nd and 3/2nd completed at last.

 

I finally got back to these two regiments which I finished painting a few years back and completed their bases. They are now table-top ready at long last.

I've posted about these two builds previously so I'll concern myself in these few lines with the basing and the photography. I don't rightly know why I based them differently from each other but one is on six-figure bases and the other is on eights. All are my universal 5mm MDF bases which I paint in my own mix of khaki green/brown.

I used the last of my Peco tufts and made hundreds of my own using various green blends of different lengths of static grass with my flock-box. I glue them down individually and in less regular clumps and then once fully dry, I apply clumps of loose static grass of a slightly lighter shade in between the tufts for a more complete coverage.

I applied yellow and white flower tufts as a final touch. I use these very sparingly and cut the manufactured tufts into many smaller segments as I find a little bit of this colour goes a very long way. 
I bought myself a sheet of grey cardboard for an alternative backdrop which I think works well and helps with my ambient light levels. I took these shots in my glass extension room when the sun was quite strong. I lit up the shoot with my portable led light rigs and am now controlling the real light instead of trying to adjust my camera settings.

I took the shots on the manual setting on my Canon digital SLR which takes raw exposures without filter settings. I tweaked some of the images by jacking the brightness by up to +20 in Photoshop. Personally, I am much, much happier with my results.
 

Together with my next post for the Hanoverian Landwehr this completes all the allied infantry for my Papelotte scenario project.

Comments

  1. These Nassau look terrific and I love their basing and poses. Thanks for the basing and photography ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. You are most welcome and I'm glad if you got anything useful out of it.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, yes, photos of other blogs inspire me to do better and provide me with ideas on how to achieve that goal. My eyesight isn't the best but I use an optivisor with light to help with the detail. Your work is just exceptional!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts