M5 Stuarts/ Morris 15CWTs/6pdr ATG

 

This grab bag of five models represents my last, latest push to further develop my 1944 British army in 20mm for Rapid Fire.

These M5 Stuarts are Britannia models (resin) with stowage hand-made using Green Stuff. The commander in one of them is an AB Figure. The markings are hand painted except the vehicle numbers - some random decal from my cast-off collection.

 

The Morris truck is another Britannia model and so is the driver and this time the stowage is integral to the resin casting.

The 6pdr ATG is an old Airfix model I had knocking about which for some reason had no wheels. Those I fixed to my gun are some aircraft wheels I had lying around - throw nothing away! The crew are AB Figures.

That's it for this WW2 allied distraction. I still have more to do but for the time being I've run out of steam. I have switched to late war German forces. I've managed to scratch together a very ad-hoc kampfgruppen - HQ and two rifle companies of FJR, supported by a battery of PAK40 (towed) and crewed by FJR with some transports, a single Stug III and a pair of Jagdpanthers. It should be fun doing the other side for a change.
 


Comments

Popular Posts