The Devil's Own Recce: My Inns of Court finished

It's appalling how many years can elapse between having an idea and realizing it when it comes to my wargaming projects. I can't even recall when I bought my two Daimler Mk2 armoured cars and my Daimler scout cars but it was likely ten or more years back. Well, now they are done.

The second armoured car I've built closed down and just added some green stuff rolls and tarps but thought to fix some medical gauze cammo netting on the back - stowed rather than deployed.

Similar to the Hasegawa A/C, the S-Model Daimler 1a models didn't come with aerial brackets - which is irritating, especially when I didn't realize until after I almost finished them ... AGAIN. Sometime it seems I'm incapable of learning. So I'm not bloody bothering.

For the scout car I added a couple of AB Figures for the crew and chopped up the roof (lid) to have it folded back with the observer standing up for a bit of a gander. I drilled and fixed black poly broom bristles for the aerials on the A/C. 


Together with my previous Daimler A/C and my revitalized Humber A/C these models complete my reconnaissance company for Rapid Fire.

So much more is required to complete or rather round out my late war Western Europe British army. I have completed a medic section or two which I will feature when I have built an accompanying field ambulance and hospital tent. For the time being; however, I say farewell to WW2 and am back in the Napoleonic period. 

Comments

Popular Posts