Argives ae Done Done: Command & Cavalry

 

The two methods which really accelerated this project were the use of basic block painting and Army Painter Quick Shade together with using shield decals.

The Quick Shade really enhances the basic brass paint very nicely to my eye and a hell of a lot simpler than my usual technique - or should I have said 'Hades a lot'?

 


I've given the Argives the above command stand in addition to their King who fights in the Phalanx. I've developed a special rule for Hoplite army generals which allows them to rally stamina off other units at 12" but if it's not the unit they are permanently attached to, they can't use their combat bonus for that round. Anyway, this command stand is a lesser leader with the normal attributes.

I loved painting this snappy small unit of what I have labeled Thessalian cavalry. All figures are First Corps sculpts and they make a neat little contrast and actually compliment nicely my Spartan allied cavalry from Black Tree (I think). 


Comments

Popular Posts