95e Regiment de Ligne: 1/95 and 2/95 battalions 1815

 

I had finished painting both of the battalions a few months back but just finished the basing today. The following images depict my representation of Colonel Jean Baptiste Garnier's 95th regiment of line, the first and second battalions.


These figures are all Front Rank (Gripping Beast) 28mm figures for both battalions. They represent the starting infantry forces for my Papelotte scenario together with both battalions from the 85th regiment.


Whilst I intent to use my good mate Grant's earlier war infantry for a second brigade initially, I have already purchased that second brigade with proper later war uniforms but for the time being, I'm calling my French army for 1815 done.

I just love these sculpts and I am of course fielding my battalions in full dress and flipping 'the bird' to those armies in greatcoats. Sacre Bleu!

The second battalion colour is obviously scratch built and the drapeaux with the first is a printed paper product. I have tended to mount my Colonels with the first battalions and have the commanders of the second battalions on foot.

This is my second ever French army and so for me, 2023 has very much been a year of the French in my world. I have now a brigade of four infantry battalions, a horse artillery battery, four regiments of light cavalry and all my commanders done.

This long summer break I plan on creating the bespoke terrain for the scenario. I have about five weeks off and reckon I'll need most of it. Leading into Christmas, I hope to have completed two regiments of British light dragoons which completes my armies for the time being.

This was all inspired by the Waterloo 200th anniversary which is shocking to think it's been eight years in the making. Then again, it's hardly the only project on the go now is it?

Comments

  1. Fantastic looking units, thanks for sharing.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly been getting through the basing Greg…
    What a fine collection of lovely toys…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I've been putting it off which only makes it worse.

      Delete

  3. The colonel commanding the 95th line infantry regiment is called Jean Batiste GARNIER.
    I note that the musicians (drums and flutes) have retained the King's livery as indicated on the site;

    https://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/detail_uniformes_uniteFR.php?nom=1er%20Bataillon%20du%2095%C3%A8me%20R%C3%A9giment%20d%27Infanterie%20de%20Ligne&rubrique=U&uniformes=3&flag= 95RI.png.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you are correct on both counts. Sloppy drafting on my part I'm afraid.

      Delete
  4. Splendid looking French infantry and an army completed, we must see them all together!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts