Take Two: Dutch Guns and Photos

It's been several years since I painted and mounted this battery of guns (Dutch Horse Artillery - see earlier post) but now they are tabletop-ready to deploy. I should not let this basing chore accumulate as I have done as it's a bit of a drag to go back over several units and finish base after base after base. Never again.

I'm using my flock-box to create sections of raised static grass which I then cut up and glue down in sections. I also use a stack of home made tufts to break up the lines and spot-flock with a more faded static grass to visually blur the joins and break up the colour scheme.

I am very judicious with my flower tufts (commercial products) which I cut up into smaller clumps as I find a little goes a very long way. It's purely a matter of personal taste but to my eye, most people overdo their flower clusters ... but each to their own. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts