Tuesday, April 26, 2011

WSS Casualty Marker


Having a number of Front Rank casualty figures to hand, I have embarked on a programme of casualty vignettes to accompany each of my battalions as I build my United Provinces army for Ramillies. There's not a lot to say about this except that the detonation shown I imagine to be from a grenade and is made from synthetic stuffing for toys and the figures are painted as Prussians in Dutch service.

I can tell you that it looks better at a distance than it does close up but I wanted to show how it is constituted. I painted the base with dabs of black and shades of brown with an old frayed brush and then dabbed blobs of black deeper into the stuffing with a finer brush to get some shrapnel effects happening. 

3 comments:

  1. very nice effect, like the look of it.

    All the best
    Airhead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that is cool.. love the explosion Old Boy..great effects

    ReplyDelete