Universal Carriers: Late war Britania Miniature models

 

I utterly adore these fantastic little 20mm resin models by Britania - or is it Grubby now? They come in one piece on their own molded base and all you need to do is fix in the metal crew and whatever utility weapon the pack comes with. In this case, I have four with Bren Guns on an AA mount and one with a Vickers MMG.


They will come in handy for motorized or armoured infantry formations and are a long overdue project for me to fully motorise my late war Commonwealth infantry forces. I rarely ever have sufficient transport. I've hand painted the vehicle unit markings for the 11th Armoured Division.

I have a couple of old Airfix carriers uncrewed for when they stop and deploy. I just know I'll be getting more of these for the Mediterranean or North Africa - they are just too much fun. I also forgot how much I enjoy painting the Britania figures - such character. As it happens, I have several other vehicles coming to the blog very shortly. This push comes from a game I played with Grant a few weeks back and I have been inspired to build, paint and finish quite a number of old purchases.
 

Comments

Popular Posts