FJR in Normandie: Transport

 

At last, my ATG battery is now fully transported with these two fast build 1/72 scale Kubelwagons. What a ripper of a set. My only gripe is that I mislaid the windscreen clear plastic sheet until the end - so I opted out.


These two Kubelwagons together with the following two Opel Blitz models have airbrushed camouflage applied. I am no dab hand and very much a novice with that tool but I admit to being well satisfied with the results which I hope to repeat on the upcoming armour.

I mixed desert yellow with the green and with the brick red and together with the light touch of the airbrush, they made for a subtle scheme. The base coat of desert yellow (my version of dunkelgelb) was dry brushed on over a darkened coat for the primer before airbrushing.


This pair will transport my two FJR rifle companies to start with whilst the HQ company will flog about the landscape in the following.


Unlike the above models, this is a resurrection - or should I say a salvage job from a long ago poorly build Matchbox model I knocked up in the 1980s. I gave it a more savage paint scheme as the troops in the field painted their vehicles with whatever they had to hand. In due course (next year) I'll crew this Hanomag 251 when my pledge not to buy new figures expires. Now onto some armour.

Comments

  1. Lovely work and cracking little models, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed Greg…
    The Hanomag has scrubbed up rather well…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts