Normandie 1944: Sturmgeschutz (Stug) III-G

 

Well this is going to be it for WW2 for a while I think. Of course I could go on (and on) but I feel that this daemon is exorcised for the time being and I will move on to other projects. This representation is another resurrection from an old, very broken and dismantled 1/72 Airfix kit.

Wheels were re-glued, old decals scraped off, the hull came away in my hands during the reconstruction so the whole model just about got pulled apart and fixed back together - properly this time. I also replaced the barrel with a spare Pak40 model I had lying around. Lord only know where the commander came from.


I rammed Green-stuff in the commander's hatch and by gluing his hands to the machine-gun shield they rendered mutual support. I also found some old (Fujimi I think) schurzen which I fixed to it to drag it into 1944.


Another hand painted (brush) job and I was very pleased how subtle the camouflage scheme turned out. I always knew I was going to load this model up with brush foliage similar to my Pak 40 ATG models and I'm hoping they provide even more support for the schurzen which seems fragile to handle.


Because I was using foliage I didn't bother with any more stowage than what the kit came with. I have to say I really enjoyed pin washing this model - got to love the look of rivets. There's a heap of detail in this Stug model.


I didn't do any chipping or rust effects simply because I forgot but there's so much going on with this piece I don't think anyone will care or notice - I hope.


My good mate Grant gifted me a battalion of late war German infantry and some crew to man an AA Gun. I don't know when I'll come back to this army but they will round out the force very nicely.


In the meantime at least, it's back to the seventeenth century for me.


Comments

  1. That has scrubbed up rather well…
    The foliage looks good and it adds a lot of character…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts