Normandie 1944: Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma

 

Enough gaming ... back to the work bench. This addition to my late war German kampfgruppen is another resurrection from my childhood - an old Matchbox model I built as a teenager in the early 1980s.


This is what it looked like before the re-birth. I really had next to no idea what I was doing back then but I had fun all the same. I gave this very yellow coat a darkened brown sand wash and then stippled diluted and faded green back over the same pattern of green which showed through, joining them up a little more.


Back when I first built this model, I tended to paint parts on the sprue and then glue the painted surfaces together. Over the years, they have tended to fall apart so I have been sanding back, re-gluing section back together and in this case, fabricated axles to get the wheels back on. Quite a lot of this model was rebuilt.


Those of you with bigger screens will easily see I hand painted the vehicle markings and insignia. I can't locate my old German spare decals so I thought 'bugger it' and did my own dodgey effort. I have a partner for this Puma in the form of an open topped Sd.Kfz. 234/4 with the Pak40 ATG but as I can't crew it until next year when I am allowing myself to buy figures again, it will have to wait.

Comments

Popular Posts