COHORT X: LEGIO XI and the last

 

Well these brutes make the tenth and last cohort for my Roman legion. I painted them months back but wanted to get the bases done - and then put the dreaded job off repeatedly.

They are a mixture of Foundry and Aventine miniatures with the single wounded Optio in the rear from Warlord Games. I decided to kill off another - I think he may have been a casualty figure already but I leaned him further back and stuck a spear in his guts.
 
I imagine this cohort to be back-filled mainly with unarmoured men rejoining the eagle - so they have to earn those honours on that red stallion standard. Two more whole-of-legion posts coming up and then I'm done for the time being on matters Roman.

Comments

  1. Super stuff mate, liking the wounded additions

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt - not all but most of the cohorts have an unfortunate soul.

      Delete
  2. Very nice indeed… well maybe not for the guy who had spear for supper 😳

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts