Command Adendum: It's all about the flock

 

Just to keep it fresh and to make my command vignettes unique, I decided to have livestock passing through. After all, they don't know any better ... no respect.

I just love these little 28mm critters. I can't recall who I bought them off but these sheep are definitely Mediterranean. They came in a selection of a ram, ewes and lambs and I sources various images to paint them in a range of colour schemes.

I decided to make this commander the Tribunus Laticlavius who will be my OIC when fielding less than half the legion. 


The base is covered in two types of commercial tufts and two I made myself plus some short static grass pressed into PVA dots for low ground cover.

 

I put the ram with Caesar - seemed right and proper. The details of the figures are covered in my previous posts.

I admit to being surprised how much work these bases took to make up but even more so how it lifts the paint jobs. As I did the whole legion at once (basing) it was tedious in the extreme but it's made a huge difference.

 




Comments

Popular Posts