Caesarian LEGATUS

 

I suspect this may be the last of my senior Roman command vignettes. This incomplete base represents my Legio XI Legatus - the legion commander. I've just used the figures I had to hand, namely the Warlord Games figure for the Legatus and some slightly altered command figures from one of the Warlord Games plastic box sets.

I went for a leather armour for the Legatus and silver inlays and a blue scheme to match my rendition of the legion. The centurion has a Green-stuff cloak (yes, it's too long) with another conversion of his helmet to a Gallica version - my favourite. I've posed the Centurion to look like he's reaching for a dispatch.

I extended the bear skin of the musician with Green-stuff and swapped the right arm for a cornu from my old Wargames Factory box set making the Tubicern into a Cornicern. He's just holding it in one hand with his shield in the other.
The Signum is one of my last Aventine Miniatures spares, otherwise the Signifer is a straight build with a bit of Green-stuff to fill the seam between the hood and cape of the lion pelt.


I was tempted to texture and paint the base but there's so much room left on it I'm thinking of a horse and groom for behind the Centurion or perhaps a flock of inconvenient sheep? I am open to suggestions.

Next up ... a short post of my likely last Tribune stands and the Preatorians.

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts