Tribune and Co.: Caesarian Roman Command

 

This last command stand may very be my last Caesarian Roman Command effort for some time to come. It's the fourth interpretation of a Tribune for my legion(s).

The officer figure is from the Warlord Games metals range - it's their offering for one of the famous characters of the age but I can't recall who it was supposed to be and I can't be bothered looking it up.

He is accompanied by his favourite Centurion from the first cohort, Legio XI who acts as his tactical advisor and is clearly injured and only half dressed when called upon to turn out for battle.

The centurion is from the Aventine Miniatures range. Getting back to the Tribune, I decided to represent his helmet as al all bronze/brass affair instead of leather with bronze/brass fittings and I'm not at all sure I shouldn't have gone for a much darker leather armour.
 


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. It's about the only time I'd ever paint so few miniatures at one time.

      Delete
  2. That’s a lovely command figure

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, the Warlord sculptor gives us better than decent sculpts to work with.

      Delete
  3. Lovely painting on a very dynamic figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dean. This is one of the first armies where I've not left command vignettes to the last.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts