Legio III Testudo

 

I made it! Looks like I have completed my last model the day before I ship out my household and hobby related goods so this little number is already boxed. This is my rendition of a testudo for my Caesarian Legio III.

You probably noticed something awry with the shield canopy. I decided this time to model a stone shot from an enemy artillery piece colliding with the top. You'll have to imagine this has just hit with the shields giving way.

 

The shots are a little dark as I've pack my lights and it's overcast today. The models are all Wargames Factory and I didn't bother with mixed iron and bronze helmets or blank shields. This will likely be my last posting for quite a while but at least I finished off with a frantic September push.


 


Comments

  1. Wow! Looks fantastic! Love the stone effect too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray. I just needed to do something different.

      Delete
  2. Your are certainly pausing on a high point Greg...

    Have safe journey home....

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly - it will have to last a while I suspect.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Very, very impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts