Anglo-Allied Peninsular Command: Edward STOPFORD

 


My version of brigade commander Edward Stopford gets an ADC from the 3rd Foot Guards as this was the regiment he was brevetted up from so it makes sense to suppose he could have taken an aid from his own regiment.

Perhaps needless to say, Stopford will in most cases lead my Guards Brigade as he did at Busaco on the day.

I have a feeling the image I used was a generic or at least an unattributed image as I think I struck out. I also couldn't find much on him so he gets a straight up and minimal set of attributes.

Stopford was 44 years of age at Busaco which was fought the day after his birthday. My Old Glory casting with my 15 years old paint job looks to be a trifle older to my eyes - such is life. His ADC is a freshly painted Perry Miniatures casting.



Comments

Popular Posts