Anglo-Allied Peninsular Command: Lt Col Robert Walter Stuart Lord Blantrye

 

Lt Col Robert Walter Stuart Lord Blantrye commanded another brigade within the First Division, aged 33. A Lieutenant Colonel, he commanded the 2/42nd Highlanders (Black Watch).


There is no particular reason I have given Stuart a command rating of 8 other than his status as a career soldier who had served in several theatres including Egypt prior to attending Portugal. Then again, his command of a brigade likely had as much to do with peerage as proficiency.


The figures for this command base are curious and a legacy addition for my army. Both paint jobs are old. I don't even know the manufacturer of the ADC in the frock coat but the good Lord Blantyre is an old Foundry figure. If I'd not been in a rush to get these command stands completed, I'd have thought to raise the Foundry figure on some 2mm balsa. These old Foundry figures are true 25mm, bloody small and frankly over-priced. They are a purchase these days for me as a last resort.

Comments

Popular Posts